Nestling in the rural heartland of the Great Southern region, historic Kojonup is more than just a gateway to the beautiful South. Settled over 150 years ago, this bustling rural town still bears all the trademarks of a traditional country settlement, with its historic buildings and friendly, safe atmosphere.
Located on Highway 30, the direct route that runs South East from Perth to the historic port of Albany, Kojonup is a junction town at the very heart of the rich southern corner of Western Australia. Some 256km from Perth and 160km from Albany, Kojonup straddles the Albany Highway and is easily accessible by road.
SPORTS PRECINCT MASTER PLAN
Shire of Kojonup needs your feedback….
KOJONUP SMART PHONE APP!
Here’s a great opportunity to get involved… http://youtu.be/CGkAs1Ttf5w
The Shire of Kojonup is seeking interest from the community of Kojonup to billet students from Curtin University wishing to come to our town to get hands on, practical experience in 2016. Students will be billeted on an availability basis.
Details of student disciplines and placement requirements are as follows:
- Midwifery, 2 weeks placement, June/July and December/January/February periods
- Physiotherapy (Masters), 4 weeks placement, mostly March/April period
- Physiotherapy (4th Year U/Grad), 5 weeks placement, May through to November period
- Exercise Science (3rd/Final Year), 4-5 weeks placement, June/July period
- Occupational Therapy (4th Year U/Grad & Masters 3rd Year), 7 March – 22 April/2 May – 17 June/18 July – 9 September/22 August – 7 October/17 October – 2 December
- Speech Pathology (4th Year U/Grad), 5 – 7 weeks, All Year
- Laboratory Medicine (3rd & 4th Year U/Grad), 4 x 7 weeks, July to June following year (excluding Christmas through to mid-January)
- Medical Imaging (2nd Year U/Grad), 11 April-9 May/5 September – 3 October
- Pharmacy (4th Year U/Grad & Masters 2nd Year), 6 weeks (Masters) & 6 weeks March/April (U/Grad), 4 weeks September (U/Grad), 6 weeks October/November (U/Grad)
- Social Work (3rd & 4th Year), 14 weeks placement, February – May (3rd Year) and July – November (4th Year)
- Dental Hygiene & Therapy, 3 weeks placement, June/July period
- Nursing (4th Year U/Grad), 14 March – 25 April/25 April – 30 May/15 August – 26 September/26 September – 7 November
If you are interested in opening the doors of your home to these students or you have any queries, please contact Miranda Wallace, Executive Assistant, at the Shire of Kojonup on 9831 2400.
We respect the past and are planning and promoting today as well as tomorrow.