Watch this space as Council decides which way to head with Club Development…..
The Shire of Kojonup has been successful in receiving funding from the Department of Sport & Recreation to administer the KidSport program.
KidSport makes it possible for eligible children to join a not-for-profit sport or recreation club, by contributing up to $200 towards paying club registration and other agreed fees.
To be eligible children must:
- live within the Shire of Kojonup
- be aged 5-18 years
- have a Health Care Card or a Pension Concession Card
If you do not have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card, but suffer from financial difficulty you may visit a KidSport referral agent to determine if you are eligible to receive funding.
Applicants can apply for KidSport funding to pay fees for a number of registered clubs. Funding is only available to cover fees of clubs that are registered for KidSport with the Shire of Kojonup. The list is registered clubs can be found on the Department of Sport & Rec website www.dsr.wa.gov.au
How to apply
- Ensure you meet ALL the eligibility criteria
- Complete KidSport Application Voucher, which can be obtained below or by visiting the Shire of Kojonup Office during normal office hours
- Parent/Guardian must complete all sections of the Application Voucher
- Have your voucher validated by the Shire of Kojonup. Health Care Card and/or Pension Concession Card to be bought along with voucher for validation
Alternatively, you can post your completed voucher, along with a copy of your Health Care Card/Pension Concession Card to:Shire of Kojonup PO Box 163 KOJONUP WA 6395
Once your postal application has been processed it will be returned to you via post.
Validated application vouchers must then be presented to selected clubs to complete the registration process.