Disposal of property – s3.58 of the Local Government Act 1995
The Shire of Kojonup gives notice in accordance with the Local Government Act 1995 that it proposes to lease Lot 3 Spring Street, Kojonup: Lot 3 on Diagram 13875, Volume 1112 Folio 734 by offer and acceptance. The lot is 1,358 m2.
The market rental valuation of the disposition obtained from a licensed property valuer on 03 April 2019 was $2,700.00 per annum. The property will be leased at a peppercorn rental for a period of 49 years. The other party concerned is The George Church Community Medical Centre Incorporated.
Submissions regarding the proposal may be made in writing to the Chief Executive Officer, Shire of Kojonup, PO Box 163, Kojonup, 6395 by 4.00pm, Friday, 03 May 2019.
Further information may be obtained by contacting Anthony Middleton on 9831 2400.
A/Chief Executive Officer
PUBLIC NOTICE OF WORKS TO BE CARRIED OUT:
Members of the public are advised that commencing Tuesday 19 February, the car park of The Kodja Place will be undergoing works including bitumen sealing and kerbing. Access to the Black Cockatoo Cafe will be via The Kodja Place until further notice.
PROPOSED MEDICAL CENTRE UPGRADE
The Community Forum was facilitated by Mark Weller – Core Business in conjunction with Tom Stevens (H & H Architects – Quantity Surveyor) on 3 December 2018 to update residents on the work undertaken by Council in assessing development options for built infrastructure. A copy of the presentation can be found here: Kojonup Medical Centre Community Meeting
Following community feedback, an item was presented to the 11 December ordinary Council Meeting and it was resolved, that Council seek clarification from the Office of the Attorney General that the George Church bequest comes under the “Charitable Trusts Act”, or not, with an answer to be provided to the next Ordinary Council meeting.
MURADUP CEMETERY – PROPOSED WORKS (to 30 June 2019)
The 2018/19 Budget has made provision for the following works to occur:
- Pine trees on the West boundary will be removed by Kloppers Contracting in the latter half of January 2019 as they are dying off and dropping limbs over and around grave sites. Mr Shepherd has kindly allowed Council to have the trees pushed into his paddock next to the cemetery for which Council is very grateful. Native trees will be retained wherever possible.
- Plaques – These will be the same design as placed at the Kojonup Cemetery to mark the rows and grave numbers. There will be a small concrete plinth installed at the beginning and end of each row for the plaques to be glued on.
- Front landscaping – Main Roads WA have provided Council permission to plant small native shrubs along the outside of the entrance fence. These will be up to 0.5m high so as not to detract from the fence. (Kangaroo Paw, Banksia, Chorizema, Convolvulus, Dianella, Grevillea and Melaleuca)
- The Niche Wall area will be stabilised with compacted gravel (Bob Francis and Robert Sexton are kindly prepared to install some seating under the Niche Wall which is a wonderful gesture.)
Please adhere to any signage or instructions whilst these works are being undertaken especially during the removal of the pine trees. Enquiries should be directed to Horticultural Supervisor – Marina Murray 0428 566 527 in the first instance.
Chief Executive Officer
Main Roads Scheduled Maintenance – January / March 2019
*PLEASE NOTE: We are advising duration of works rather than specifying dates as the work is weather dependent and the program may change.
For up-to-date roadwork information, please refer to Main Roads Travel Map. The Travel Map is updated regularly to reflect current road conditions.
For more specific enquiries, please contact Geoffrey Hands, Maintenance Co-ordinator on: 9892 0555 or by email to: email@example.com.
Low Income Housing – Jean Sullivan Units
Did you know that the Shire of Kojonup own and operate 5 low income housing units in Kojonup?
These consist of four 2 x bedroom units for over 55’s and a 3 bedroom family unit.
To be eligible for the units you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Live in Western Australia and receive your income here
- Earn no more than the current income limits – as per table below.
- Not own or part own property or land
- Not have cash assets in excess of $38,400 (singles) or $63,800 (couples), (seniors over 60 ) $80,000
- Be able to prove your identity
- Be 16 years of age or above
|Number of People in Household||Single Income||Dual Income|
If you are interested and meet the criteria please contact the Shire on 98 312400 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.