MURADUP CEMETERY – PROPOSED WORKS (to 30 June 2019)
The 2018/19 Budget has made provision for the following works to occur:
- Pine trees on the West boundary will be removed by Kloppers Contracting in the latter half of January 2019 as they are dying off and dropping limbs over and around grave sites. Mr Shepherd has kindly allowed Council to have the trees pushed into his paddock next to the cemetery for which Council is very grateful. Native trees will be retained wherever possible.
- Plaques – These will be the same design as placed at the Kojonup Cemetery to mark the rows and grave numbers. There will be a small concrete plinth installed at the beginning and end of each row for the plaques to be glued on.
- Front landscaping – Main Roads WA have provided Council permission to plant small native shrubs along the outside of the entrance fence. These will be up to 0.5m high so as not to detract from the fence. (Kangaroo Paw, Banksia, Chorizema, Convolvulus, Dianella, Grevillea and Melaleuca)
- The Niche Wall area will be stabilised with compacted gravel (Bob Francis and Robert Sexton are kindly prepared to install some seating under the Niche Wall which is a wonderful gesture.)
Please adhere to any signage or instructions whilst these works are being undertaken especially during the removal of the pine trees. Enquiries should be directed to Horticultural Supervisor – Marina Murray 0428 566 527 in the first instance.
Chief Executive Officer
DRAFT POSITION STATEMENT: CONTAINER DEPOSIT SCHEME INFRASTRUCTURE
Pursuant to Section 28 of the Planning and Development Act 2005, the Western Australian Planning Commission has released a draft Position Statement: Container Deposit Scheme Infrastructure, for public comment.
The draft statement aims to ensure a coordinated approach to the provision and location of container deposit scheme infrastructure.
You are invited to review and comment on the draft statement online at https://www.dplh.wa.gov.au/container-deposit-scheme or in person at 140 William Street, Perth. Hard copies are available on request.
Submissions must be received no later than 5pm, Tuesday 19 February 2019. They can be lodged online or posted to draft Container Deposit Scheme Infrastructure Position Statement, Strategy and Engagement, Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage, Locked Bag 2506, Perth, WA 6001. Unfortunately late submissions cannot be accepted.
For further information please contact Tim Leishman on 65518002 or via email email@example.com
TENDERS 01 OF 2018/19 AND 02 OF 2018/19 – LEASE OF LAND
Public tenders are invited in accordance with Section 3.58 (2) of the Local Government Act (1995) for the lease of the following two (2) properties:
- Tender 01 of 2018/19 – Lot 162 Blackwood Road, Kojonup for a three (3) year period; and
- Tender 02 of 2018/19 – Lot 9999 Kojonup (part of Certificate of Title Volume 2670 Folio 367 but excluding the north-west corner section of Thornbury Close) for a three (3) year period.
Tender 01 of 2018/19 will provide for the lease of agricultural land and Tender 02 of 2018/19 will provide for the lease of undeveloped industrial land.
Written tenders, outlining the proposed lease fee and proposed use of the land, are invited from prospective individuals, community organisations or sporting groups.
Plans and specific details of the areas available for lease along with conditions of tender are available from the Shire Office or by contacting Judy Stewart, Senior Administration Officer on 9831 2406 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tenders close at 4.00pm on Thursday, 7th February 2019 and must be marked either Tender 01 of 2018/19 or Tender 02 of 2018/19 and addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Shire of Kojonup, 93 Albany Highway, KOJONUP WA 6395.
The Shire of Kojonup reserves the right to not accept the highest or any tender.
Chief Executive Officer
Main Roads Scheduled Maintenance – January / March 2019
*PLEASE NOTE: We are advising duration of works rather than specifying dates as the work is weather dependent and the program may change.
For up-to-date roadwork information, please refer to Main Roads Travel Map. The Travel Map is updated regularly to reflect current road conditions.
For more specific enquiries, please contact Geoffrey Hands, Maintenance Co-ordinator on: 9892 0555 or by email to: email@example.com.
Expression of Interest
The Shire of Kojonup is seeking expressions of interest for the outright purchase, on a “WHERE IS, AS IS” basis, of the following vehicles.
Item # – P11013
TOYOTA HILUX SR DUAL CAB (KO2) 2014, 83,000kms (as at 6 November)
Item # – P11014
TOYOTA HILUX SR UTE EXTRA CAB WITH TIPPING BODY (KO 118) 2014, 109,641kms (as at 6 November)
Item – # P11015
TOYOTA HILUX SR UTE EXTRA CAB WITH TIPPING BODY (KO 528) 2014, 61,928kms (as at 6 November)
Note: For further information or to arrange inspection contact Craig McVee on 0427 427854 between 8.00am and 4pm Tuesday to Friday.
Expressions of Interest are to be:
- Received in writing by the closing date,
- Include the purchase price offered (including GST), and
- Marked attention to the CEO.
Closing Date: 4.00pm, Wednesday 30 January 2019
These can be:
Shire of Kojonup
PO Box 163,
KOJONUP WA 6395
Shire Office at 93-95 Albany Highway, Kojonup.
Emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Faxed: (08) 9831 1566
Council reserves the right to not necessarily accept the highest or any offer.
Low Income Housing – Jean Sullivan Units
Did you know that the Shire of Kojonup own and operate 5 low income housing units in Kojonup?
These consist of four 2 x bedroom units for over 55’s and a 3 bedroom family unit.
To be eligible for the units you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Live in Western Australia and receive your income here
- Earn no more than the current income limits – as per table below.
- Not own or part own property or land
- Not have cash assets in excess of $38,400 (singles) or $63,800 (couples), (seniors over 60 ) $80,000
- Be able to prove your identity
- Be 16 years of age or above
|Number of People in Household||Single Income||Dual Income|
If you are interested and meet the criteria please contact the Shire on 98 312400 or email@example.com to register your interest.