Community Score Card
In partnership with 10 councils in the Great Southern Region, we have commissioned CATALYSE® to administer the MARKYT® Community Scorecard in our area.
This is a valuable opportunity to receive feedback on Councils’ performance, and to hear and understand the needs and aspirations of local community members.
We would love to hear from everyone.
Scorecards are being sent to all households and are available for completion at www.catalyse.com.au/studies until Friday 29 March, 2019.
We would be grateful if you could help us to spread the word. Please encourage your members, friends and family to have their say.
If you have any questions about this study, please contact Claire Servaas at the Shire on 9831 2416.
Annual Electors Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the annual elector’s meeting for the Shire of Kojonup will be held on Tuesday 19 March 2019 commencing at 5.00pm in the Kojonup Sporting Complex, Benn Parade, Kojonup, to consider the Annual Report for the 2017/2018 year.
This report was adopted by Council on 19 February 2019.
Copies of the Annual Report are available from the Shire Office, or on the website https://www.kojonup.wa.gov.au/ and additional copies will be made available at the meeting.
Chief Executive Officer
PUBLIC NOTICE OF WORKS TO BE CARRIED OUT:
Members of the public are advised that commencing Tuesday 19 February, the car park of The Kodja Place will be undergoing works including bitumen sealing and kerbing. Access to the Black Cockatoo Cafe will be via The Kodja Place until further notice.
PROPOSED MEDICAL CENTRE UPGRADE
The Community Forum was facilitated by Mark Weller – Core Business in conjunction with Tom Stevens (H & H Architects – Quantity Surveyor) on 3 December 2018 to update residents on the work undertaken by Council in assessing development options for built infrastructure. A copy of the presentation can be found here: Kojonup Medical Centre Community Meeting
Following community feedback, an item was presented to the 11 December ordinary Council Meeting and it was resolved, that Council seek clarification from the Office of the Attorney General that the George Church bequest comes under the “Charitable Trusts Act”, or not, with an answer to be provided to the next Ordinary Council meeting.
MURADUP CEMETERY – PROPOSED WORKS (to 30 June 2019)
The 2018/19 Budget has made provision for the following works to occur:
- Pine trees on the West boundary will be removed by Kloppers Contracting in the latter half of January 2019 as they are dying off and dropping limbs over and around grave sites. Mr Shepherd has kindly allowed Council to have the trees pushed into his paddock next to the cemetery for which Council is very grateful. Native trees will be retained wherever possible.
- Plaques – These will be the same design as placed at the Kojonup Cemetery to mark the rows and grave numbers. There will be a small concrete plinth installed at the beginning and end of each row for the plaques to be glued on.
- Front landscaping – Main Roads WA have provided Council permission to plant small native shrubs along the outside of the entrance fence. These will be up to 0.5m high so as not to detract from the fence. (Kangaroo Paw, Banksia, Chorizema, Convolvulus, Dianella, Grevillea and Melaleuca)
- The Niche Wall area will be stabilised with compacted gravel (Bob Francis and Robert Sexton are kindly prepared to install some seating under the Niche Wall which is a wonderful gesture.)
Please adhere to any signage or instructions whilst these works are being undertaken especially during the removal of the pine trees. Enquiries should be directed to Horticultural Supervisor – Marina Murray 0428 566 527 in the first instance.
Chief Executive Officer
Main Roads Scheduled Maintenance – January / March 2019
*PLEASE NOTE: We are advising duration of works rather than specifying dates as the work is weather dependent and the program may change.
For up-to-date roadwork information, please refer to Main Roads Travel Map. The Travel Map is updated regularly to reflect current road conditions.
For more specific enquiries, please contact Geoffrey Hands, Maintenance Co-ordinator on: 9892 0555 or by email to: email@example.com.
Low Income Housing – Jean Sullivan Units
Did you know that the Shire of Kojonup own and operate 5 low income housing units in Kojonup?
These consist of four 2 x bedroom units for over 55’s and a 3 bedroom family unit.
To be eligible for the units you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Live in Western Australia and receive your income here
- Earn no more than the current income limits – as per table below.
- Not own or part own property or land
- Not have cash assets in excess of $38,400 (singles) or $63,800 (couples), (seniors over 60 ) $80,000
- Be able to prove your identity
- Be 16 years of age or above
|Number of People in Household||Single Income||Dual Income|
If you are interested and meet the criteria please contact the Shire on 98 312400 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.