Offers of purchase are invited for the purchase of commercial kitchen equipment.
The commercial kitchen equipment is to be removed from the Shire’s Aged Care Facility. These items included stainless steel bench tops, a commercial oven, upright freezers and shelving.
Information of these items, including photographs, is contained within “Springhaven Inventory – Items for Disposal”.
An Offer shall:
- consist of the completed “Offer of Purchase” form, with an offer made against those lots that the bidder wishes to purchase;
- be placed in a sealed envelope, marked “CONFIDENTIAL”; and
- delivered by 11:00am Monday 10 February 2020 to the Shire of Kojonup Administration Office (93-95 Albany Highway, Kojonup or PO Box 163 Kojonup WA 6395).
- Electronic mail offers and facsimile offers will not be accepted.
- Once submitted, Offers will be reviewed, with the highest bid for each lot being awarded the item. In the event that two or more offers are identical, the names of the identical bidders will be grouped together and one will be drawn at random.
- Successful bidders will be notified by 11 February 2020, with all items required to be paid for and removed by 17 February 2020. Failing to make payment or collect the item by the due date will result in the bidder forgoing their Offer; with the next highest bidder being offered the item.
- An Offer will be rejected without consideration in the event that:
- it is not submitted before the Closing Date & Time; or
- it is not submitted at the place specified.
All items are located in Kojonup, in an “as is” condition, with collection to be at the successful bidders cost.
Photos of items: Springhaven Inventory Table – Items for Disposal
For further information, please contact Michelle Dennis on 9831 2424.
SHIRE OF KOJONUP
TENDER 11 OF 2019/2020 – LEASE OF LAND
Public tenders are invited in accordance with Section 3.58 (2) of the Local Government Act (1995) for the lease of the following property:
Lot 162 Blackwood Road, Kojonup
for a three (3) year period from 1 March 2020.
Tender 11 of 2019/20 provides for the lease of agricultural land.
Written tenders, outlining the proposed lease fee and proposed use of the land, are invited from prospective individuals, community organisations or sporting groups.
A plan and more specific information, along with conditions of tender and tender grading criteria, are available from the Shire Office or by contacting Judy Stewart, Senior Administration Officer on 9831 2406 or email@example.com.
Tenders close at 4.00pm on Friday, 31 January 2020 and must be marked Tender 11 of 2019/20 and addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Shire of Kojonup, 93 Albany Highway, KOJONUP WA 6395.
The Shire of Kojonup reserves the right to not accept the highest or any tender.
Chief Executive Officer
Review of Local Laws – s. 3.12 (3) of the Local Government Act 1995
The Shire of Kojonup provides public notice in accordance with s. 3.12 (3) of the Local Government Act 1995 that it proposes –
1) to review the following local laws, replacing them with local laws based on Western Australian Local Government Association model local laws:
- Activities on Thoroughfares and Trading in Thoroughfares and Public Places Local Law (to become Activities in Thoroughfares and Public Places and Trading Local Law)
Purpose: To stipulate activities that can or cannot occur in thoroughfares and public places within the Shire of Kojonup and to provide information on how activities are to take place.
Effect: To provide for orderly conduct in thoroughfares and public places in the local government district.
- Cemeteries Local Law
Purpose: To provide administrative instruction on funeral matters, burials, memorials and placement of ashes, and general information related to conduct within cemeteries in the Shire of Kojonup.
Effect: To specify appropriate and respectful conduct by all persons involved in the administration of cemetery matters or use of the cemeteries within the district.
- Local Laws Relating To Standing Orders (to become Local Government (Council Meetings) Local Law)
Purpose: To provide rules and guidelines which apply to the conduct of meetings of the Shire of Kojonup Council and its committees and to meetings of electors, in accordance with legislative requirements.
Effect: To result in better decision making, orderly conduct of meetings dealing with Council business, a better understanding of the process of conducting meetings, and more efficient and effective use of time at meetings conducted by the Shire of Kojonup Council.
- Local Government Property Local Law
Purpose: To provide for determination of the use of local government property by defining activities that may be pursued or prohibited thereon and to specify requirements of use and appropriate behaviour on local government property in the district.
Effect: To define allowable and disallowed local government property uses and the conditions of those uses within the Shire of Kojonup.
2) to make the following local laws based on Western Australian Local Government Association model local laws:
- Bush Fire Brigades Local Law
Purpose: To provide administrative rules for establishment, organisation and maintenance of bush fire brigades, types of membership and management of members, provision of equipment, and rules governing brigade operations within the Shire of Kojonup.
Effect: The enabling of administrative consistency and effective governance within the Shire of Kojonup’s bush fire brigades.
- Dogs Local Law
Purpose: To address the impounding of dogs, requirements and limitations on the keeping of dogs, and the requirements of approved kennel establishments within the district.
Effect: To provide for consistent and effective management of the dog population within the Shire of Kojonup.
- Fencing Local Law
Purpose: To prescribe a sufficient fence and the standard for the construction of fences throughout the district.
Effect: To establish the minimum requirements for fencing within the district.
Submissions or comments regarding these proposals may be made in writing to the Chief Executive Officer, Shire of Kojonup, at the above address or in writing to PO Box 163, Kojonup, 6395 by 4.00pm, Friday, 17 January 2020.
Further information may be obtained by contacting the Senior Administration Officer on 9831 2400.
Chief Executive Officer
Western Power Planned Works
RFT 10/2019/20 ALTERATIONS – SPRINGHAVEN, KOJONUP
Tenders from experienced and registered builders are invited for alterations to the utility spaces (i.e. laundry and kitchens) within the Shire of Kojonup’s Aged Care Facility – Springhaven Frail Aged Lodge, Kojonup.
To arrange an inspection of the site(s) or to obtain tender documents please contact Michelle Dennis via email firstname.lastname@example.org or 9831 2424.
Tenders close 11:00am 12 November 2019.
Chief Executive Officer
Shire of Kojonup
Low Income Housing – Jean Sullivan Units
Did you know that the Shire of Kojonup own and operate 5 low income housing units in Kojonup?
These consist of four 2 x bedroom units for over 55’s and a 3 bedroom family unit.
To be eligible for the units you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Live in Western Australia and receive your income here
- Earn no more than the current income limits – as per table below.
- Not own or part own property or land
- Not have cash assets in excess of $38,400 (singles) or $63,800 (couples), (seniors over 60 ) $80,000
- Be able to prove your identity
- Be 16 years of age or above
|Number of People in Household||Single Income||Dual Income|
If you are interested and meet the criteria please contact the Shire on 98 312400 or email@example.com to register your interest.