Section 96(1) of the Freedom of Information Act 1992 requires each government agency, including local governments, to prepare and publish annually an information Statement.
The Information Statement must set out:
- The Agency’s Mission Statement;
- Details of legislation administered;
- Details of the agency structure;
- Details of decision-making functions;
- Opportunities for public participation in the formulation of policy and performance of agency functions;
- Documents held by the agency; and
- The operation of Freedom of Information (FOI) in the agency.